The writer’s over at US Pro Cycling News (myself included) will be doing daily recaps of both the Giro d’Italia and the Tour of California.
Fitzalan Gorman recaps Stage 7, which featured 13 miles of climbing with Bart de Clarq (Omega Pharma Lotto) attacking in the last 10km and, holding off a last second sprint by Michele Scarponi (Lampre-ISD), took the stage win. Weening is still in pink.
Top 5 Stage results
- Bart De Clercq BEL (Omega Pharma-Lotto)
- Michele Scarponi ITA (Lampre-ISD)
- Roman Kreuziger CZE (Astana)
- Stefano Garzelli ITA (Acqua & Sapone)
- Vincenzo Nibali ITA (Liquigas-Cannondale)
- Pieter Weening NED (Rabobank)
- Kanstantsin Sivtsov BLR (HTC-Highroad) at 2 sec
- Marco Pinotti ITA (HTC-Highroad) at 2 sec
- Christophe Le Mevel FRA (Garmin-Cervelo) at 5 sec
- Michele Scarponi at 14 sec
Photo Graham Watson